Happy new year and happy first blog of 2020! I am seriously so excited for this year ahead, because I have a LOT of plans in store for YOU because I want to serve you better.
I know the start of the year is all about plans, goals, and yes, New Year’s Resolutions! Now, I am NOT against the whole concept of resolutions, and I congratulate you for keeping them. But here’s a key takeaway I learned: NY resolutions do NOT work for everybody. In fact, 80% of resolutions are abandoned by February!
So I compiled some tips and suggestions from Forbes; these are alternatives to resolutions that you can try in 2020.
1. Look back and review what you accomplished last year. Write them down and celebrate! This will make you less anxious and more optimistic about planning the year ahead. Don’t skimp out either, write down even the simplest ones, as long as they’re something you accomplished!
2. Make specific goals. Make your goals challenging, but achievable! Then, break them down into smaller chunks of specific tasks that can be your to-do list for 2020.
3. Do something different. What’s one thing you’ve always wanted to do or try? Or something you want to check out that might have a big impact on your career? Go for it! It doesn’t have to be a habit, it can be only one thing that you aim to start within the year.
4. Improve on something. You don’t have to try something new, but you can work on something you’re currently up to. Tweak it and make it better. Or, another idea is adding a new habit to an already existing one.
5. Don’t beat yourself up. I always, always say this, because I firmly believe in it! It’s okay to fail, as long as you FAIL forward! Don’t be too hard on yourself for not meeting your goals, but don’t be satisfied by it either. Use it as an opportunity to learn and move forward!
In the coming weeks and months, you’ll surely see some announcements on what my team and I are cooking up! Stay tuned! In the meantime, hit me up at email@example.com if you have any questions, suggestions, or feedback!
Get awesome articles like this once a week!