Comments (10)
  1. Tony Casas (reply)

May 3, 2016 at 8:43 am

A great leadership read. I appreciate how the title alone highlights the urgency of problem, the consequence of it, and the fix. I’ll admit, I’m sometimes in that realm of what I’ll call “unplanned neglect” based on your article which ultimately leads to frustration. As you mentioned, things get done but it is not always the “right” things in terms of priority. Thanks for the tip and reminders through this article, Rob…looking forward to more!

• Rob McCleland (reply)

May 3, 2016 at 9:19 am

Thanks Tony. 99% of the people reading this blog in the future will be solid and growing leaders. But we are ALL tempted to do the “stuff” that keeps us busy, but doesn’t keep effective. My hope for you (and all of our readers) is that you will take ONE small baby step this week. Prioritize and get after your #1 priority. Even if it means simply breaking down the priority–to get it into smaller steps. Thanks for the encouragement, Tony. What types of issues would you like to see addressed in the future?

2. Darius Dunson (reply)

May 17, 2016 at 9:12 pm

I was just speaking with someone about something similar today. I could not communicate it as clearly as you did in this post, however, after reading, I believe the phrase, “planned neglect” summed up the terminology I was trying to communicate. I shared this post with him. Great stuff!

• Rob McCleland (reply)

May 18, 2016 at 3:27 am

Thanks Darius. When applied correctly, the principle of laser-like focus helps us see faster, better, and more consistent progress. It’s like an anti-depression pill because it gets us back on track and we see the world as a more positive place. Thanks for sharing the article.

3. Lyn (reply)

December 14, 2017 at 9:48 pm

TRUE! 🙂 very inspiring and timely as I move on to the new year coming soon. Will share with my team as well. thank you, Sir Rob!

4. Rex (reply)

December 15, 2017 at 11:34 am

Wow, this reminded me of Maxwell’s four quadrant to do list I have used for many years now. Good reminder.

5. Patrick F. Suttle (reply)

December 18, 2017 at 10:14 am

Thanks Rob! As always useful information that can be plugged in and utilized right away. “Planned Neglect” if it was just busy work or something to fill time and or space then all of a sudden neglect becomes a good thing. Have a great holiday season and of course Merry Christmas!