I feel sorry for people who want to live in the past. Their hopes and dreams have faded. Their and their favorite sight is the rear view mirror. Reminiscing is fun and we all should learn from the past, but don’t live there!
The vast majority of people live in their present reality. They think ahead only as far as their longest-term project. HINT: When you ask people to help you with something that is three months away, they say “yes” 90% of the time because they down plan for the long-term future!
But then there are the successful people… they ask themselves questions like: “Where do I want to be a year from now?”
I can help you get there with one easy exercise:
- Write down where you want to be one year from now.
- If that is where you want to be in a year, where do you need to be in six months? Write it down.
- If that is where you need to be in six months, where do you need to be in three months? Write it down.
- If that is where you need to be in three months, where do you need to be next week? Write it down!
- If that is where you need to be next week, what do you have to accomplish by tomorrow morning when you leave for work?
- Now, take that first baby step, and your journey towards success has begun!
Watch the video: discover how leaders live in the future. It will motivate you towards a better today!
Have a great week.